Pages

May 16, 2011

Good Morning Girls!

Starting today me and twenty-some May/June 2010 BabyFit mamas are launching a summer book club to read and discuss a scripture passage daily as well as reading The Ministry of Motherhood: Following Christ's Example in Reaching the Hearts of Our Children.  This summer book club is a branch of the Good Morning Girls.  Good Morning Girls is intended for groups of women who connect with each other and offer accountability and encouragement through online social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.

Ever since having a baby I have struggled with finding time to connect with God.  Additionally it has not been feasible for me to attend bible studies offered at church so this is a perfect opportunity for me to connect with God in a way that fits my current season in life.  I pray that I will take full advantage of the opportunity and NOT be a slacker!! 

This week we are just reading scripture and next week we will start the book.  Scriptures for this week include some very familiar passages:

Monday:  Psalm 127:1 
Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.  Unless the LORD watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain.

Tuesday:  John 15:4-5 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.  I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Wednesday:  Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Thursday:  2 Timothy 1:5 I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.

Friday:  Proverbs 6:20-22 
My son, keep your father’s command and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.  Bind them always on your heart; fasten them around your neck.  When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment