Pages

December 02, 2010

FLYing update

I previously promised to display pictures of the areas I was working on in my house at the end of the month....well, I haven't done anything further to those areas so there is no point in posting any photos! 

So, what am I doing?  Well, right now I am in the process of creating a Household Notebook for next year.  I learned about this from my Organizing Life As Mom eBook.  The eBook contains a number of printable documents to help you put your own Household Notebook together so I am slowly working through them to determine what my notebook will need to contain.  Once I have it all together I am going to get it spiral bound at FedEx Kinkos.  I am looking forward to seeing how this helps me to bring my homemaking tasks under control in the New Year.  I think just having everything in one place will be helpful in itself.

Other than that I have been working on decluttering areas of my house when I have time.  I have decluttered and reorganized two large cabinets in our kitchen and the drawer in the living room that holds the baby's bibs, burp cloths, etc.  I also have finished some craft projects that now need to be hung.  I am really excited about begging asking my husband to take care of that so I can show you! 

Also, I am excited to tell you that we have found someone to start helping with getting our house clean again.  Ever since the latter part of my pregnancy the house has just gone to pot!  Seriously, it is nasty.  Sure, it looks fine on the surface but the dust bunnies have multiplied so much that they recently attacked the dog and cobwebs have totally taken over all the light fixtures.  My hope is that after a few months of regular help I will be at the point I can maintain it myself.  I realize that having paid help is a luxary in a world where there are children who don't even have enough to eat.  I am thankful beyond words for God's provision in my life.  Kelly Blowe of Kelly's Cleaning Closet will be starting in about a week and she will be coming three times in December.  After that we'll see where things stand.  I am hoping that with the basics getting done (as well as some desperately needed deep cleaning) I'll be able to focus more on the decluttering that is needed in order to scale back our belongings to make room for Olivia's things as well as my sewing projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment