Pages

September 21, 2010

Oh what a night.....

The last 3 months have taught me that motherhood = sacrifice! I think if women knew exactly what having a baby meant the entire population would cease to exist. I LOVE my baby girl but I had no idea how much I would have to sacrifice when I got pregnant with her! I feel certain though that it will be worth it.

So, last night I once again gave up precious sleep for my sweet girl. She has been doing REALLY good with sleeping at night - thank God! But every now and then she'll have a weird night. This time she woke up around 4:50 and I had to go in and try the pacifier and then try picking her up and rocking her back to sleep. I put her back down and climbed into bed, ready to get back to my previously recorded program called SLEEP! But no, that was not in the plans as she woke up again about 10 minutes later. So, back into the nursery I go with more rocking. Finally around 6:20 she was asleep enough to be put back down. Weary of the walk back to the bedroom only to be re-woken, I grabbed some pillows and a cuddly (tiny) baby blanket and curled up on the floor next to the crib. I must have fallen asleep because I was awoken at 7:30 by my favorite thing in the world - the joyful sound of my sweet girl waking up in the morning - she's all giggles and happiness at that time of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment