Pages

February 09, 2011

Menu Plan Monday ~Feb 7th

Yes, I realize it is Wednesday but I have been sick as a dog since Friday so just hush!

First, let's review a few from last week:

Slow Cooker Pineapple Pepper Chicken Stew - this was a beautiful dish but the flavor needed a little something more.  We might make it again but I don't think I'll make it for my February food exchange.

Pot roast - this was good but it really needed to cook longer than 8 hours, the meat was not tender enough.  We have had this issue alot so we have also decided our crockpot is too big.  We just purchased the most adorable 4 quart that I will be trying out this week.

Shrimp and Cheese Grits with Okra - hubby thought this was okay, I thought it was delicious BUT it is very labor intensive so I would not likely make this again.


Now, this weeks meal plan includes:

Monday:  Thai Shrimp Bisque
Tuesday:  Turkey Taco Night
Wednesday:  Black bean soup and cornbread (received at monthly frozen food exchange in January)
Thursday:  dinner out
Friday:  Herbed Artichoke Chicken (crockpot)

No comments:

Post a Comment