Pages

January 21, 2011

52 Weeks of Organizing: Week 3

Here we are in Week 3 of I'm an Organizing Junkie's 52 week challenge!  This week I chose to organize the homemade baby food cubes and when you see the BEFORE picture below you will understand why!


Recently I used Once a Month Mom's fall baby food menu plan so I have A LOT of baby food in my freezer as you can see.  I thought putting it in bags would be good for fitting it in the freezer but when it's in this state it makes it hard to easily pull out what I need so that totally defeats the purpose of making so much ahead of time.

Here is the AFTER (how do you like my cute labels?):


I am still not 100% happy with it because I don't have enough freezer safe containers and these are not really utilizing the space as efficiently as I'd like so I'm going to check out other options soon.  Stay tuned for a possible update to this project in my next installment!  For now though this is working for me better than the way it was before so SUCCESS!

6 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love the labeled containers. I think I'm going to invest in a labelmaker. Can't wait to see what you do next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do like your cute labels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Labels are great. The freezer is a hard place to have plastic containers. They never seem to fit right. I hope this new system works for you. Love that you make your own baby food. I did it 25 years ago with my babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby food really stacks up doesn't it? I was just dealing with a cascade of jars that toppled over in my pantry yesterday! Good luck with your new system. And I DO love your labels! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome! I had forgotton that OAMM had baby food cooking on her site--thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete