But, do you want to hear something CRAZY??? The hours I input for the week did not add up to 168! What? I can barely find time to shave my underarms more than once a week but Excel is informing me that I have twenty-some odd hours not accounted for? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark!
So, I have a mystery on my hands it seems and the only solution is to pay more attention to where my time is actually going. One thing I may have mentioned before that I have realized from working on this challenge is that I spend WAY too much time on the internet, especially during work hours. Probably shouldn't confess to that on a blog but I'm trying to be accountable to make change this year so the price of admission is transparency.
Since we know that my pie chart was completely inaccurate I'm just going to share the categories I had entered into it (try not to laugh at some of these):
- Actual working time
- Time at work not working
- Time spent in support of my marriage
- Time spent with God
- Household maintenance
- Hobbies/Relaxation (ha ha!)
- Olivia (this represented time where I am taking care of Olivia and cannot multitask such as when I am putting her to bed, spending play time with her, etc. vs when she's in the high chair and I'm cleaning in the kitchen)
- Cooking or other food-related time
- Entertainment (including TV, movies, internet - at home)
- Personal hygiene (another ha ha!), and my favorite,
- Sleep (I have come to the conclusion that I took sleep for granted to such a degree pre-baby that I actually should apologize to it!)