Pages

January 14, 2011

OYtamOL: Wk2 The Bare Minimum

So, before I get into Week 2, can I be completely honest????  This lack of organization is like a resounding gong or clashing cymbal right now.  Let me provide some (embarrassing, yet again) examples from the last week or so:

-Looking in the car mirror for THIRD day in a row and realizing I still have not plucked the strange hairs growing out of my chin
-Realizing my daughter is completely out of bibs because they are all in a laundry basket waiting to be treated for stains along with every outfit from the past week and a half that she has pooped, vomited or spit up on
-Worrying I'm going to get fired from my job for not being able to get to the office at a reasonable hour, not having my employee evaluations done and forgetting about God only knows how many other things
-Almost running out of gas (again)
-Realizing that three days ago we had some air-bound poop from the changing table that landed on the carpet in the nursery and I still haven't had a chance to put any stain/odor remover on it
-Forgetting to charge my cell phone so it dies and then the daycare has to call all over trying to find me when my daughter gets sick

And, these are just a few of the many examples I could share!  I.NEED.TO.GET.MORE.ORGANIZED!

So, moving on, it's week 2 at One Year to a {more} Organized Life with Brenda from Unsolicited Advice.  and there were two instructions this week along with one suggestion:

1.  Display your purpose somewhere you will see it many times each day
2.  Determine the bare minimum for each day, post it and follow it! (she has a worksheet available that goes along with this one)
3.  Consider not logging any internet time until the bare minimum was done each day.

So, how did I do?

1.  I printed out some really cute purpose statements with the OYtamOL logo but have not posted them anywhere yet.
2.  I did not complete my entire worksheet but I did think about the items for the "Daily Do or Die" column which are:
Get dressed and go to work
Take care of Olivia (whatever that means each day)
Make formula, prepare food and label for daycare
3.  I did not forego internet time but I did become accutely aware of how much time I spend on the internet and am not getting more important things done so this has been a bit of a wakeup call for me.

I assume this is one of those things (completing the worksheet) that is supposed to become a weekly task so I will try to do better next week!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you are not alone. I did not always get the bare minimum done each day either. Whether we "did it all perfect" this week, or not, at least we made some strides in the right direction.

    And just so you know, I have no idea how work outside the home moms do it. To have to get you and the kidlets ready to leave the house early in the morning. To spend all day at work wondering what part of you child's childhood you may be missing that day. To come home and deal with dinner prep, put the kidlet to bed, and then look around and wonder how in the world you could have any strenght left to deal with the mess of life.... wow. That would seriously take a lot.

    I'm pretty sure none of us will come out of this year's challenge completely at peace and organized every day of our lives from here on out. If get dressed and go to work and care for Olivia is all that is on your bare minimum list for each day, then each day that you achieve those three things is a success.

    You don't have to fill out the worksheet each week. You can just fill it out in a general way that would apply to every week. Just don't forget to schedule in some extra rest on one of those weekend days. :P :)

    ReplyDelete