Pages

January 10, 2011

Booking It in 2011


Reading has always been a passion of mine going back to elementary school.  I have been known to read more than one book in a week and to stay up til the wee hours in order to finish a particularly exciting book.  But alas, along came Olivia...  She is truly the joy of my life but I have to admit she has really put a kink in my reading schedule.  In fact, I am fairly certain I've not read more than 3 books since she made her appearance back in June.  I really miss reading.

So, for 2011 I am hoping to reclaim reading!  In an effort to have more accountability around this I am posting my 2011 reading plans.  Also, I decided to join Life As Mom's Book Club also to broaden my reading interests. 

Here is my list of books for 2011.  (Note, some of these are for my church book club, some are from the Life As Mom list and some will be tied to Blogging For Books which I will be posting reviews for throughout the year).  For my church book club we only have the books identified through May so I'll have to add the remainder to this list later in the year and for Blogging For Books I don't know until I finish one provided book what the next one will be so I'm just planning to read at least 4 books this year in relation to that.

January:  Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
The Pirate Queen by Patricia Hickman

February:  Like Dandelion Dust by Karen Kingsbury
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen

March:  Sisterchicks On The Loose by Robin Jones Gunn
Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois
TBD book for Blogging For Books

April:  Front Porch Princess (book 1) by Kathryn Springer
Finding Your Purpose As a Mom: How to Build Your Home on Holy Ground by Donna Otto

May:  June Bug by Chris Fabry
The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan

June: TBD book for church book club
TBD book for Blogging For Books
Dancing with My Father: How God Leads Us into a Life of Grace and Joy by Sally Clarkson

July:  TBD book for church book club
The Help by Kathryn Stockett

August: TBD book for church book club
Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living by Tsh Oxenreider

September: TBD book for church book club
TBD book for Blogging For Books
Not Your Mother’s Casseroles by Faith Durand

October: TBD book for church book club
The Reluctant Entertainer by Sandy Coughlin

November: TBD book for church book club
The Monster in the Hollows by Andrew Peterson, the third in The Wingfeather Saga

December:
TBD book for church book club
TBD book for Blogging For Books

Anyone want to join me?

7 comments:

  1. That's a good and full list! I read Same Kind of Different as Me for BookSneeze (like Blogging for Books which I do, too), and I enjoyed it. (What's not to like about a free, good book?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good list! I also read Same Kind of Different As Me last year - an excellent book, and quite the tear-jerker! Happy reading - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, that IS a full list! I can totally relate to not having time to read much after babies so I've made my list simple to start. I'm doing one book a month, but like you...I'm hoping to end up reading a lot more than this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a big list! It will be fun to get back into reading. I want to read The Help too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon, I read the Artisan Bread book over the weekend and have already baked two loaves of bread from it. It's super easy and cheap! If you want to borrow the book from me (I found it at Ed McKay's for $8.), just let me know. I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have got some GREAT titles, there, Shannon! I haven't heard of some of these, but I'm off to investigate! I briefly started The Help, and I got caught up with baby stuff, but I"m dying to finish!

    Ammie from www.domesticallyobsessed.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi -- I found your blog from OAMM and think we are very much alike! Also, I've read a few books on your list, and you'll really enjoy Same Kind of Different as Me and all your early organizing will help you out with Organized Simplicity as half her book is getting you organized. Let us know which books you recommend as you go along!

    ReplyDelete