Pages

January 24, 2011

What is stockpiling?

Recently I heard about a new TLC show called Extreme Couponing.  I haven't watched an entire episode but I did watch several clips online.  My immediate thought afterwards was that the folks depicted are not extreme couponers, they are HOARDERS, it's a disease and they need help!  There is a BIG difference between hoarding and stockpiling so I thought I'd dedicate a blog to talk about what stockpiling is and how extreme couponers do it.

Stockpiling is exactly what it sounds like - creating a stockpile of something.  I consider the "something" to be a household or food item that you use or consume regularly.  Most couponers accomplish their stockpiles by combining sales with coupons.  I find, personally, that I am able to stockpile most efficiently and inexpensively at Harris Teeter and CVS but it can be done using a plethora of other stores if those are not near you. 

Why stockpile?  Well, that should be obvious but for me, my purpose is multifold.  1) I hate shopping (that's right!) 2) I love getting stuff for free or cheap and 2) I hate shopping!  Confused about how shopping helps someone who hates shopping?  Well, my dear, you see the more I stockpile the less I run out of the stuff the less I have to shop....it's all about how you look at it!

I thought you'd enjoy seeing a few photos of my most useful stockpiles:

Toothpaste, toothbrushes and floss (you can't see)

Deodorant (very important item you don't want to run out of!)


Shampoo and conditioner

Liquid dishwashing detergent

Powder automatic dishwasher detergent



Liquid formula concentrate (we don't normally use this but I found it on a clearance rack at Harris Teeter and it turned out to be a better deal than our normal powder so we bought all that they had - 24 cans = 24 days of formula)






No comments:

Post a Comment