Pages

January 11, 2011

My very first embellishment

The process of learning to sew is rather painful for me.  I am more or less learning by trial and error.  The classes I took were fun and I did learn some things but I really did not learn foundational concepts so I am finding that I make alot of errors because I just don't know what to do when.  I am currently signed up to take a Sewing for Babies and Toddlers class which begins at the end of February; however, I got a list of the "skills needed" from the instructor and between you and me, I am not ready for this class.  So, I am looking into working with a lady one-on-one to get the help I need so that I can get ready...stayed tuned for more on that!

In the meantime I have a little something to show you.  I got two of these cute towels for Christmas from my sweet aunt Joyce. 


When I went to JoAnn's after Christmas I discovered pom pom trim!  What a fabulous invention...I see lots of pom pom trim in my future!  I'm having visions of ways I can put pom poms on all of Olivia's clothes....oh, I digress.  Anyway, so at JoAnn's I found Christmas pom pom trim for 90% off so I had to get some so I could experiment with sewing it onto things.

Voila!  Here is how it turned out:

No comments:

Post a Comment